- This event has passed.
Yoga for the Rest of Us Pain-Free and Beyond
October 8, 2018 @ 7:30 pm - October 12, 2018 @ 11:00 am$335
For all levels, including yoga teachers who want to lead adaptive yoga.
Study with master yoga teacher Peggy Cappy, host of the PBS series Yoga for the Rest of Us, and Survival Guide for Pain Free Living. If you’re new to yoga or have physical limitations, it’s easy to begin right where you are with accessible yoga postures. In this program, you learn.
- Warm-ups to ease the body into motion
- Essential yoga poses and methods to increase a pose’s challenge and intensity
- Essential stretches to reverse posture “slump” and to balance muscles in the hips and back
- Meditation practices and relaxation techniques
- Simple, powerful breathing exercises
- A practice you can take home.
Peggy’s knowledgeable and inspired approach draws on her extensive experience teaching students and training yoga teachers.
Recommended reading and viewing Peggy Cappy’s book, Yoga for All of Us, and any of the nine DVDs in Peggy’s Yoga for the Rest of Us series.